Saturday, December 3, 2011

Don MCLEAN and the beauty of song

I have been going back to my upbringing to secure a new repertoire of song arrangements from the 60s' 70's and have had my heart melted by a couple of songs of Don Mc Clean. ON youtube you can find both very early "Live" performances by Don and also the great PERRY COMO who had a successful Hit with the same song. I just found a version by ELVIS PRESLEY and was surprised by how lovely he sang it also. Of course,as a Guitarist there is a lovely rendition of "MR. GUITAR - CHET ATKINS in both solo and in Duo with DON MCLEAN singing it- again on youtube! What a treasure to experience these great songs and give me room to make a fine tuning of my solo guitar arrngements/improvisations of these masterpieces! Every time I play "VINCENT",I get so many possitive comments. In a few hours (1pm) I will be giveing a concert in Staten Island at the South Beach Public Library and will be playing that gorgeous "VINCENT" for the audience! What a treasure!

No comments: