Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hello again from DONNIE BUSY LAND!!!- PAT MARTINO

MAN OH MAN!! It has been a really neck snapping month for me between gigs and attending concerts. I thought I would get a chance to breathe and post some tidbits, but it seems that I will have to get my butt in this computer in spite of a hectic schedule.
I am in heaven this week because my dear teacher Jazz Legend will be at BIRDLAND starting this Tuesday - PAT MARTINO! You must go out and buy his magnificent auto biography - "HERE AND NOW". Not only will you find out about and extraordinary artist who started "on the road" at 15, you will be amazed at the life he has led and the great obsticales he has had to overcome. You will alos get a great Masterclass in how to look at the Guitar in the most efficient and clear way.This book is already available at some library branches. It was at my local library and I am so happy about that because his life has been lived at least 3 times and NO ONE ON EARTH PLAYS LIKE PAT MARTINO!! He is also a very caring and loving person and I feel so honored that he has graced my life as my dear teacher and friend.I love this man dearly as he has helped me through some of my tough times with illness over the last ten years! Hope you can catch him folks this week at BIRDLAND 315 West 44th street-

No comments: