Friday, January 9, 2009

WHERE IS A VIDEO ABOUT TESTING GUITARS?

With all of the great videos on the market, I yet have to see on on testing out Classical Guitars!. I remember the totally non responsive quip I received from the great Cuban Virtuoso MANUEL BARRUECO when I asked him very simply, what he does to choose a concert worthy instrument! I asked him for details on what pieces he played and how he judged the responsiveness of the tested instrument and he refused to say anything about the process and said "NEXT QUESTION"!. I remembered how angry I was about that. Here I am a performing artist asking a very honest answer and getting such a snub! I have been waiting for an intelligent dvd or video to show up on the market on this topic but have seen N O N E ! What is it out there. There are some of you who have spent small fortunes to collect top line instruments and you tell me that you never recorded how your instruments react in playing mode?
Now that I have this blog to prick the thinking mind out there, I look forward to Raising your thoughts about this topic. Of couse there are so many building techniques on the market yielding so many types of Classical Guitar Characteristics. I know that a tremendous amount of research has been done in the area of Violin Acoustics testing but why not that of Classical Guitar Testing.I will have to pull out my papers on this which lay a little dusty on one of my shelves and see what I can come up with as a starting point.Just wanted to get the wheel rolling on this topic and hope that there is some intelligent response out there in cyberland.

No comments: