Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tornado From Brazil-YAMANDU COSTA- Intro

I recently sat through two TOTALLY OUTRAGIOUS performances by the fantastic Brazilian Guitarist YAMANDU COSTA and MAN OH MAN WHAT AN INCREDIBLE GUITAR MONSTER!!!!!! His first concert was sold out long ago, so the Classical Guitar Society of New York added a second performance. I went to the box office early hoping that the DONNIE LUCK would be in favor of getting a "sold out" ticket and I was rewarded for my patience and also bought a ticket for the second concert.I direct your sights to YOUTUBE and check out the great videos of this "FORCE OF NATURE" and you will agree with me that THIS IS SOME HEAVY DUDE!!!!! I need to get my notes from that great night,but jump on youtube and you will blow your mind! He is not only a man who plays at supersonic speed, his sweet and gentle side is also exposed beautifully in a gentle piece written for his son! He played on a NEW 7-string Guitar Made in Canada that he "Loved". I would hazard a guess thta it may be a DARYL PERRY , but could not get close to Yamandu as people were all over him. I first checked him out a few years ago at the 92nd Street "Y" Brazilian Guitar Marathon where no one wanted to play after him! HE WAS THAT CRAZY PHENOMINAL!!!!!I started checking into him on you tube and saw that he has an enormous amount of videos available. He is my type of player- BOLD AND MIND NUMBING GOOD!He has already established himself as a "Guitar God" as far as I am concerned. Part two of this report will be coming today. Got my notes on the table and need to take a deep breath before I divulge them to you because I am already excited about sharing my thoughts about this fantastic artist so stay tuned !I want to check and see if I can find out who the Luthier of his fabulous Guitar is.

No comments: