Sunday, May 27, 2012

We need more FEMALE GUITAR COVERAGE and other tidbits!

I am one Male who believes that we need more coverage of the great Female Guitarists on the scene - especially those in the Classical Guitar world! I hope to fill some of this void in the coming years.After my quadruple bypass surgery last March 22nd,during recovery I thought about so many things including when I returned to decent health, what I want to spend the rest of my life doing and that coverage of the female Classical Guitarists was one. I want to shout out a few names - and this is not an all inclusive list - as a matter of fact ,I will hold off and get the list ready for you. i would feel terrible if I missed someone so check back with me. I find it a joy to be able to check up on the "YOUNG GUNS" of the Classical Guitar by attending performances at the Major Music Schools and Conservatories here in New York: The Mannes College of Music-The Manhattan School of Music and Julliard. I used to be in every crack and crevice of the Concert scene but now have to slow down just a bit but I suggest that you folks follow my lead by checking with the New York City Classical Guitar Society website and THE CLASSICAL GUITAR BLOG and others. I will round up a group of informational sites for you in a future post. I am not one to be a slave to this blog ( as you can tell) but know I will be a bit more jumping on as I am feeling better these days. I also must hug and thank SUE WALL and Classical/Flamenco Guitar Virtuoso DENNIS KOSTER for checking on me and my progress as I recovered last year from the open heart surgery! My dear colleague and long time buddy Virtuoso Scholar,Guitarist and Teacher JERRY WILLARD - who had a similar health problem in the past must also be HUGGED in public for checking in with me. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! WORDS CAN'T DO JUSTICE TO YOUR GREAT SUPPORT! In a separate state of grace I must thank my dear wife for saving my life by making sure that I never gave up during recovery! She made fabulous meals and made sure I took my Meds and did my walking.I have been so fortunate to have this great woman in my life and I continue to love her dearly. We have been together for almost 27 years and this year we will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary!!! W O W !!!!!!!!!. She doesn't like me to single her out but I must because she loved me enough to see that each and every day was the most positive it could be and she is always looking out for me even when I don't want her to. H E I D Y W I T T E R I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU FOR BEING IN MY LIFE!!!!! I must also thank MAURICE SUMMERFIELD for his great magazine CLASSICAL GUITAR.CLASSICAL GUITAR MAGAZINE published in England is the finest up to date magazine on the Classical Guitar in Publication and I have no idea how Maurice and his staff does it! When I get my monthly "Classical Guitar FIX", I lick the pages and always find something new to learn about our fantastic instrument and so I owe dear MAURICE an "Over the Pond" Hug - DEEP HUG for respecting and covering out great and noble instrument. I also hope to be alerting you to the great articles in this fabulous magazine starting with the June issue soon to come my way. Coming up in a couple of weeks will be the MANNES GUITAR SEMINAR and I will be there as a full student and look for my "TEASER" treatment this week by covering one of the past Seminars I attended at Mannes when I was a Full Participant. Hopefully the above entries make sense because I was up all night watching a couple of musicals with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers and taking in the first of 6 lectures - BERNSTEIN AT HARVARD-THE NORTON LECTURES plus checking out some advanced Classical Guitar lessons on youtube then jumping on to my blog!! WHEW. I made a fast check on the above and believe that I made decent sense! My wife just came in to give me a good morning Kiss - YUMMIE!!!!!

No comments: