Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Bottomless Musical Creations of ROLAND DYENS!!!!!

Go to the YOU TUBE and look for the performance of my dear friend and colleague ROLAND DYENS as he performs "The Delights of Jet lag" on the Acoustic Guitar Magazine collection of Videos! I was surfing to find out some performances of my favorites and noticed this performance and just had to alert you to the greatness that is the awesome artistry of ROLAND DYENS!

Since the early 60s, I have heard the greatest Guitarists in the Classical and Jazz Genres and let me tell you ROLAND DYENS IS THE MOST CONSUMMATE GUITARIST ON THE PLANET!!! I have known my dear friend for several decades and just when I thought he has done it all, he tears me a new learning curve!!!! As a virtuoso Guitarist he just knows all there is about our instrument. He can play in several tunings and calls into service every imaginable guitar technique in his brilliant compositions! He starts off the above work by performing harmonics with his right hand interspersed with " Hammer ons " with his left hand. Of course it would be a bit difficult to carry this work on in any decent size hall because the carrying power of the instrument while performing the legatos/hammer ons, are tough to pull off! I remain a rabid fan of my dear friend forever and when he visits the City, we somehow get a chance to have a meal and talk about all sorts of guitar and non guitar topics. ROLAND really stuns me every time he plays and we are so fortunate to have so many you tube videos available of his fantastic performances and beautifully sculpted compositions. I don't know what type of blood you have ROLAND, but I'd love to have a few drops!!

There is NO ONE LIKE ROLAND DYENS ON PLANET EARTH!!!!!!! Just look at the huge body of work he has put out! STUNNING!!!!!! I must say that as far as I am concerned he walks on water and dwells in the rarified realm of MOUNT OLYMPUS with the GODS. If you EVER get a chance to attend a ROLAND DYENS concert, GET THE BEST TICKET AND PREPARE TO BE AMAZED AT THE WIZARDRY OF OUR MODERN DAY LISZT! I am crazy about great Guitar performances no matter what the genre and ROLAND has them all beat! I know that is quite a statement but his videos should convince any doubting folks out there!!! My Man Roland. PLEASE CONTINUE to SHOW US THE MAGICAL WORLD OF OUR GREAT INSTRUMENT AND THANK YOU! 

No comments: