Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Magnificent JORGE CABALLERO

I have been fortunate to be based here in New York because we get a chance to witness greatness every day as celebrated artist feel it necessary to have that great "NEW YORK DEBUT" on their resumes. JORGE CABALLERO should be at the top of the greatest list of Classical Guitarists in History because it is a fact! I first met JORGE in a masterclass of the equally fabulous ASSAD BROTHERS, the foremost Classical Guitar Duo in the world! JORGE played a composition by Bach I I wrote down in my notes: "There is nothing negative the brothers could say about him! He has a great tone, excellent technique and even his ornaments in the repeats are crisp and firm! THIS KID CAN PLAY!!!! When the ASSAD brothers delivered their comments to the lucky audience in the small room, They repeated my above comments ending in stating that they are honored if he would mention that he played in their Masterclass. JORGE continues to draw waves of admirers around the world! I most recently caught him in Masterclass mode at the beginning of July at the Mannes Guitar Seminar and was lucky that the day I caught his masterclass, he gave an exceptionally crisp and detailed exposition on the basis of attaining a clean guitar technique. I know that some of the young guns in attendance,wanted to get down to playing their pieces but I hope they understood that they were given the "keys to the kingdom" of how to execute music on the Classical Guitar. Quite a few year ago, I was in heaven at the LUTHIER MUSIC CORPORATION ( 341 West 44th Street ) when one afternoon, I got a chance to experience this fantastic artist for over one half hour, as he played on and on on a Magnificent JOHN PRICE Guitar. JORGE was in the process of celecting a new instrument for his concert work and he just "TORE IT UP"! It was a shame that no one else was there except for me and the slight staff! Another thing that continues to strike me is the wonderful sweetness of this Great Peruvian Giant of our great instrument! He is so damn modest and unassuming! He continues to throw off the most difficult repertoire with the ease of a stroll through the park! I would press you extremely to run to any concert JORGE CABALLERO gives . You will never be disappointed and will witness one of the greatest musicians in Music History! MARK MY WORDS!!!!!!

No comments: