Sunday, August 28, 2011

YOUTUBE AND YOUR NEW LESSONS

I am a subscriber to CHAMBER MUSIC MAGAZINE and in the recent issue, they tutor us on working with our career in the New Internet Age and talk about the Masterclasses that can be found on the Internet-Specifically YOUTUBE- so I have been spending more time the last few nights, on this noble pursuit and have been rewarded with some great stuff! What I particularly enjoy is the old videos of the great masters of the past! Alirio Diaz,Jorge Cardoso,Athualpa Yupanqui, Eduardo Falu and so many. As far as Masterclasses, You should jump at the chance to experience the JULIAN BREAM MASTERCLASSES! What a treasure trove of great info from my SUPREME BREAM! You should not forget the playing of the great ABEL CARLEVARRO! Another treasure to behold! Well,this is just meant to be a prod for you to take advantage of all the great information available on the web. As I am preparing several concerts for the Fall, it is great to get the performances of the actual composers playing their works for me to deliver the most accurate portrayal of their works in concert! I particularly treasure the performances of the Great Argentine Virtuoso ATAHUALPA YUPANQUI. I was at Carnegie Hall when this great genius made his American debut and what a virtuosic performance he gave at the age of 75! The complicated rasgueados and tender renditions were"OFF THE HOOK"! So go and mine the treasure troves of the net! You will be rewarded with a ton of jewels!

No comments: