Tuesday, October 9, 2012

SO MUCH TO REPORT- SO LITTLE TIME

I am swamped with so much going on in the great New York City. I have fingers all over the musical pies. I expect to be in Oneonta Upstate New York this weekend for a Guitar Festival and in a couple of weeks, Woodstock has a two day Luthier Festival I hope to attend and just recently I attend and played at a Brazilian Guitar Workshop which I want to report on. As a member of the New York City Classical Guitar Society , We had a chance to experience the Genius of Luthier GARRETT LEE give a totally lucid demonstration on how the Guitar Works. I had to pass up performances by some of my teachers: PAT MARTINO at the IRIDIUM, RONI BEN HUR CD release, BUCKY PIZZARELLI  and HOWARD ALDEN! Just too much happening !! Of course I am terrible in keeping the blood flowing in this blog. At the recent Guitar Society meeting ( every 1st Thursday of the Month) I met an excellent Guitarist who years ago I promised to write up a review of his CD and somehow I didn't. This was something typical because a day or two before the meeting, I as looking at some of my Cd's and looked directly at his in one stack and I mentioned to him that I wondered how he was and lo and behold there he shows up at the meeting! I can only say to those of you I owe, I am still trying to deliver on my promises! I wish I could be more than one person because I have so much to offer before I leave this world of ours. In between trying to report on our great instrument, I am continually honing my guitar technique and styles. I am trying to make a study of the BACH Chacconne , learn Jazz Standards and Techniques, work on some Latin American Composers and so many other things besides playing in public at least 5 days a week in the MUSIC UNDER NEW YORK program of the New York City Transit Authority. I owe my dear Brazilian Brother MARIO DA SILVA pictures I took of Him during the MANNES GUITAR SEMINAR this past Summer, I owe the brilliant German Virtuoso PIA GAZAREK-OFFERMANN more promo online. CONNIE SHEU and RUPERT BOYD are also on my " TO DO " list. I owe my dear ENGLISH Brother MAURICE SUMMERFIELD ( Classical Guitar Magazine) a write up on the great Brazilian Virtuoso and colleague ROMERO LUBAMBO ( way,way overdue ). The list is daunting to say the least! I have started compiling a list next to this computer and will try my best to get it scratched off. I want to end this post by publicly thanking my dear sweet wife for saving my life over a year ago when I had my quadruple bypass operation ( MARCH 22nd 2011 ). Her dedication to my recovery was awe inspiring .She did not let me give up especially during the most severe bouts of depression. Here I was a super energetic and bold person being stripped of my bold self. Learning to walk just down a flight of stairs or around the block was so humbling and embarrassing. I have been so fortunate to have married such a special person who continues to do great things for me. I continue to tell her I don't deserve her. THANK YOU HONEY!!!  May you all be so lucky to have such a special person to share your life! Hope to post some more today and this week. Gotta get that early morning workout in !


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot.Your Blog is very informative and supportive.
Iridium 9522b