Wednesday, January 18, 2012

JORGE CABALLERO-MAGICAL VIRTUOSO

I am presently up at 4:55 am watching and listening to one of the greatest Classical Guitar Virtuosos in Music History- My friend and dear esteemed colleague JORGE CABALLERO.I have known this fantastic musician since his student days at The Manhattan School of Music. I first heard him at a Master Class in which he played for the equally fantastic ASSAD BROTHERS!! I remember it as though it were yesterday. I was totally bowled over by his Bach playing. His tone was so pure and his performance of ornaments on repeats, were crisp,clear and right on the money!! I wrote down in my notes: There is nothing negative the brothers can say about JORGE! He has it all: technique,musicality and supreme artistry! Odair was the first to comment and pretty much word for word stated the same! His brother Sergio uttered the same and Odair ended the few comments with: "we are proud to have this excellent artist write in his biography that he payed in our master class!".

If you want to find out how incredible our great instrument is, attend a concert by this musical genius- the Peruvian Guitar God JORGE CABALLERRO. You will have to go out and get drunk after you are smacked down by the incredible JORGE! Last year I attended the MANNES GUITAR SEMINAR as a participant and attended his master classes and was intellectually walloped by the genius in this your man! He gave us a excellent lecture on the whole philosophy of playing the guitar that was totally engrossing and detailed.Of course all the players just wanted to get down and strutt their stuff as usual but it was a special treat (for me at least) to listen to such poetical explanations of our craft.I, being an experienced concert artist myself and having been around the block a few times thoroughly enjoyed this master class and hope that the young kids got the point that they were in the room with a true genius. Knowing my dear colleague, he would tell me "Don! Stop that crap! I'm not all that"! Well he is and everyone will also note that he is so kind and gentle. His future in our music world has already been securely established. He is already acknowledged as one of the finest Guitarists in History. Get on You Tube and get your butts scared at his Herculean and other worldly Artistry! I know what I am talking about. I would not stare you wrong! Hope you do! Keep your listening chops up! Check out what Jorge does with Pictures at An Exhibition! W H E W ! ! ! ! !
So beautifully clearly executed both musically and technically as is all he does with every piece he plays!!!
Donnie!

No comments: