Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Two Mentors in print! A.C.JOBIM & PAT MARTINO

I am so happy to let you know that two of my great mentors are in print with biographies! I was fortunate to have studied with the legendary PAT MARTINO in the 70's and BACKBEAT BOOKS HAVE ISSUED HIS AUTOBIOGRAPHY "HERE AND NOW-THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF PAT MARTINO".It retails for $24.99- a real bargain. I just picked it up yesterday and it is a great read and even has some lesson material to sharpen your playing chops in the appendix! Secondly, my longest love affair is the great genius ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM whom I met finally around a year before he passed away here ion New York through my dear teacher and colleague Antonio Carlos Barbosa Lima. His biography is:"ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM-AN ILLUMINATED MAN" by his poetic sister Helena Jobim. It is published by Hal Leonard books and retails for $27.99. I hope you rush out and buy them both. The Jobim had to be translated from the Portuguese. Just wanted to pass this by you who are hungry for direct information about two legendary men who have shaped our musical sphere greatly. I am so lucky to have had them as a part of my life.I will probably write up a review of both biographies for you soon as both reads look like quick ones! Stay tuned to the DONNIE CHANNEL for more guitar tidbits I recently attended!

No comments: