Saturday, January 28, 2012

PEPE ROMERO TEACHES POETRY - PART 1

A few days have passed since my two days of Masterclasses with that LEGENDARY VIRTUOSO - PEPE ROMERO and I am still so happy to have been there at The Manhattan School of Music for this momentus occasion! I could not make the first Class this past Monday because I was worn out by my own 4 hour gig at the Staten Island Ferry.I was in heaven on Wednesday the last day as Pepe sat next to me while listening to the students, which afforded me a chance to have some private conversation with PEPE. I will tell you that I was stunned at how few people attended the masterclasses the two days I was there-especially Tuesday! I guess my love for this great instrument has always had me wonder why an International and Historically important artist like PEPE ROMERO did not draw a respectable audience! What a shame in this case because the wealth of information that was passed on by this 68 year young Genius was priceless! Each and every student miraculously improved after receiving instructions from the Maestro!I was so proud of these young chargers and see that the future of our great instrument is in very capable hands. This is just an opening post for a more detailed set of posts on this great event. Over the last few days at my gigs, the PEPE ROMERO EFFECT has made me notice that even my playing took another step up in execution and musicality as seen in my tips! I want to share these wonderful jewels of instruction with you in the coming posts,so stay hungry and please forgive the time lapses in between because I am a working musician and am playing several hours almost every day of the week and at my 61 years young, I need some extra vitamin c and e to get some gusto in my walk. I can't believe that in April I will be 62 because I am out there like a 30 year old and am enjoying every minute I can play in public. See you in part two of the PEPE ROMERO CLASS!

No comments: