Sunday, January 15, 2012

Time to get busy! / Guitar World/ Buzzing Concerts

It is 5:41 am, Sunday Morning January 15Th and I have a 9 to 12 gig at Penn Station this morning and spent the last few hours checking out great performance videos on You Tube and found a great Classical Guitar Website that I did not know about authored by Mark Antony called : GUITAR WORLD / Classical Guitar Appreciation! Boy it is G R E A T !!!!!. It has been up since 2008 and I have been stunned that I did not know about this site and will be checking into it as the days go by ! G R E A T
W O R K M A R K !!!!

Here in New York this month, we are having a deluge of Guitar Concerts of all Genres! This week alone, I attended a Tuesday Concert for Guitar and Tenor at Weill Recital Hall,an International Guitar Night at a place called the Highline Ballroom , and one of my all time favorite Hangs is at the MANNES COLLEGE OF MUSIC whose Guitar Degree Program is headed by the great MICHAEL NEWMAN and LAURA OLTMAN! I actually passed up another 3 day festival opening night to see and experience Guitar Heaven in the great musical arms of Mike and Laura. Today - or rather tonight I Hope to attend the last night of a three day festival honoring one of my former teachers- legendary JIM HALL as several greats pay tribute to my dear legendary teacher! When I attended the Thursday International Guitar Night, I was hoping to snag an interview with Brazilian Virtuoso Marco Periera but they were on to another City for another International Guitar Night! We have so many Guitar events to start off this year here in New York and I hope to be able to shout them out to you! I will also try to post reviews of all the events I have attended. They may be on the short side but I hope you will enjoy the coverage. I need to get a couple of hours of shut eye before my morning gig and hope to be able to start posting the great events of this week. Hope you folks are having a great New Year this 2012 and keep plucking those Guitar strings!!

Don

No comments: