Monday, October 31, 2011

November CLASSICAL GUITAR MAGAZINE

Just received my "PAGES OF GUITAR JOY" the November issue of Classical Guitar Magazine and you see the smiling face of SHARON ISBIN as the review of her new CD is covered by LAWRENCE DEL CASALE on pages 11 thru 16. Superb "LETTER FROM NEW YORK" Chronicler's JULIA CROWE, returns to the pages with her report on the MANNES GUITAR SEMINAR which I attended as a full participant this year and will be reporting my personal spin on here in this blog. Julias' report is on pages 52 to 54 and is her usual excellent coverage of this great festival.I think there is a very interesting writeup by THERESE WASSILY SABA on pages 22 thru 29 on WALTER AARON CLARKE, the Biographer of ALBENIZ and GRANADOS.Let me tell you that Classical Guitar Magazine does a great service to our instrument each and every month! There is a MASTERS DEGREE of information contained in these pages every month.I must also point to a most worthwhile series by Guitarist NEIL SMITH "PROGRESSIVE PROGRESSIONS" which is up to entry #13 this month of Novemeber 2011. It deals with the nuts and bolts of music construction and is in itself so powerfull a tool for grasping many aspects of music thery and function. I will be posting some thoughts on this excellent series by Neil hopefully in November because there is so much meat on these bones.I have to share it with you! THAT MAURICE SUMMERFIELD IS A GREAT ONE TO CONSISTENTLY PUBLISH THIS GREAT MAGAZINE!THANKS MAURICE.

No comments: